Monday, March 19, 2012

How does an MBA help a person.

Yesterday i was travelling by a bus back to Hyderabad. A girl was sitting in the next seat. Its a 13 hour journey. I was reading the oracle document. She started saying , do you work on oracle platform. I said i work for oracle itself. Then it was a chit chat for sometime. She cracked few jokes on software people and I laughed fully. Then i asked her what have u done. She said MBA. I asked how can ur MBA help you as a person. I knew the answer, but i wanted to know from her. It helps your brain to think towards ROI( return of intrest) when u start any new venture whether professional or personal. It helps you to calculate TCO ( total cost of owner ship). It talks about break-even when u are entering into new projects.It gives you an insight into tackling things etc. She spoke for almost 2 hours. I felt convinced. At some point of time, for a student I sponsored MBA.  As a sponsor, i tried most of the things my level best to keep updated. I asked once have u not fared well in this exam, thats it it was volcanic burn out . its my studies i will do what i want ( sponsor has no word to tell). I was thinking how different this girl was from that. I asked her to send resume , because those type of people will come up in life when helped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

stats

blogspot statistics