Friday, June 18, 2010

Reasons versus results.


#Quote: Successful people don’t have reasons, they have results. ~ Greg Secker


Are you successful in your life right now? If you are successful right now, this means that you focuses your mind on the results more than the reasons. Recently, I have realized that one of the reasons why I’m not successful is because I keep on coming out with plenty of reasons why I can’t achieve what I want in life. Example of not having enough money to perform certain things, not having the right opportunities, not motivated to complete my task on time and so on. I realized I really focus most of my energy on the reasons why instead of my end results of what I want to achieve in my life.

Recently, through one of the audio books I listen, I found the concept once again and therefore I decided to write a post on this. Did you feel procrastination whenever you gave yourself a reason as you start to worry about what will happen if something happen? Whenever we start giving ourselves reasons to our mind, we focus our mind on the problems and thus more problems tend to be attracted to us .Once we realize there are too many problems for us to handle, we tend to become immobile in our actions and instead of taking massive actions to reach our goals, we tend to take easy steps or make no big improvement to improve our situations.

I realized that our mind plays a very important role to help us succeed in our life and we have to choose our thoughts wisely so that it will not sabotage our performance to reach our goals. Successful and well known sportsman (like Michael Jordon or Tiger Woods) usually will focus their mind on the end results of seeing themselves winning the title and visualizing the end results in their mind while they are in or outside their game. Therefore, I believe it is very important that we should all start training our mind to focus on the solutions (results) instead of problems (reasons) whenever we meet any difficulties or challenges in life.

Always ask yourselves what will those well known sportsman be thinking in their mind right now if they are facing the situation as you are right now. This will probably reminds us that we need to focus our mind on the end results instead of pondering on the reasons “WHY”.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article. The image has created a great sense in me. I am thankful personally for this article.

    ReplyDelete

stats

blogspot statistics