Friday, November 12, 2010

Live and Lead with your heart

My personal life philosophy is that I live and lead with my heart. I believe that every experience in our lives touches us in ways that leave an imprint in our hearts. Sometimes, those imprints are painful and sometimes they are the things that mean the most us.

Life is about learning to love, to feel compassion, to find strength and determination, and to live through the experiences that make us who we are. All these things effect and touch the heart.

If you think about it, when you find someone or something or maybe even some issue that you are deeply touched by, that feeling hits the heart. When you see injustice or notice something that causes pain and hurt, that feeling hits the heart. When you decide that you are going to do your best to change or make a difference, those things come from your heart.

The best way I can think to explain it is this way. You see homeless children on the television, their suffering and pain touches you deeply. You then become compassionate about making the changes needed if only to help a few. You decide that you are going to do something to change this and so then you become determined. From that determination, you gain strength and from that strength, you pour your love into trying to make a change that will benfit others.

You have lead with your heart. The heart sees and feels love in many different ways. Those feelings guide you in making decisions and in sharing your life and life experiences with others.

I also believe that the true depths of people's values and morals live deep in the heart. Most people try to always logic things out and they change the nature of who they are. They listen to what other people say and don't follow what is truly inside them. Most people conform based on what others say and not on what is inside them. When they do this, they look back sometime later and have regrets because they didn't follow what they believed in their heart was the right thing for them to do.

The heart and pain

There are things I have gone through in my life that hit my heart hard. They hurt so bad and they left scars that I don't think will ever be forgotten. But those are a part of me. They are the imprints of who I am. The very things that lead to me to make decisions in my life that lead me to be the person I am.

I understand that I won't agree with certain choices other people make but that doesn't mean that their choices are wrong. It may be what is in their heart. I am not saying that you still don't have to use logic, but you can use logic and your heart to make the best choices for yourself.

Other people's views

Everyone is different when it come to their beliefs in religion, politics, and their culture. Just because I see those differences, doesn't make their way wrong. Their beliefs and convictions are from their heart. You can't force someone to change the way they believe because you disagree. There has to be a certain degree of tolerance and compassion in understanding those differences.

Your life is your own. Nobody has the power to take away what is in your heart. It is when you relinquish what you believe, when you compromise on what you feel, and when you don't listen to what you know in your heart is right, that you get yourself in trouble.

stats

blogspot statistics